Journal Graphics is currently seeking an experienced Heat set Pressperson to operate our S2000 during our overnight shift; 6PM-6AM. Journal Graphics was established in 1937 and currently offers full-service printing, bindery, mailing, and digital solutions to provide the best outcome for our customers. Guided by our customers’ needs, Journal Graphics has purchased state-of-the-art equipment, allowing the company to remain competitive while producing high-end magazines, catalogs, and brochures, along with our monthly publications.
Journal Graphics is conveniently located in the NW Industrial area of Portland, OR.
Journal Graphics offers Medical, Dental, Life and Short Term Disability Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, 8 paid holidays, vacation, and sick time.
The Responsibilities of the Pressperson are as follows:
- Set-up folder and press units according to the job ticket and/or Pressroom Manager.
- Check printed material on a regular basis for consistency and accuracy of the fold and cut off.
- Required to perform regular machine maintenance.
- Match color to proofs and/or swatches.
- Perform or oversee all routine press maintenance activities making sure required daily press maintenance occurs.
- Oversees press crew for optimum performance.
- Achieve customer satisfaction while maintaining the expected production rate.
- Hold a brief meeting at shift start to inform the crew of jobs, layouts, and expectations for the shift.
- Identify methods for continuous improvement of quality, spoilage, and efficiency.
- Responsible for training of all press crew members so they meet full job requirements as described in Jogger, Roll Tender, and Second Pressperson job descriptions.
- Ensure the entire crew follows safety procedures.
- Maintain general cleanliness of press from the front of the press to roll stand and the area around and in between presses.
- Follow safety guidelines as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Additional duties as assigned by the Manager.
Qualifications of the Pressperson:
- Full job knowledge and capability of Jogger, Roll Tender, and Second Pressperson.
- Thorough knowledge of register, folds, press set-up, and press maintenance.
- Ability to complete shift reports, paper usage reports, ink reports, and run counts.
- Effective leadership, and communication.
- Knowledge of basic math skills; add, subtract, multiply, divide whole numbers, fraction, and decimals.
TO APPLY: Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org