Pacific Printing Industries Educational Trust is a non-profit charitable organization. Focused on education and related activities, the “Ed Trust” was created to help the visual communications industry ensure a continuous supply of motivated and skilled candidates at every level, from press operators to managers and CEOs, capable of powering the our industry into the future.
Like many industries, we are experiencing a shrinking labor pool as the population is trending toward smaller families and the largest segment is aging. The rapid pace of technological advances make it difficult for any industry to stay on the cutting edge. Likewise, the need for environmentally sound business practices creates the need for specialized skills and knowledge. These changing dynamics mean that we are in fierce competition for qualified employees, and we recognize that we must recruit, train, coach and nurture our future captains of industry.
The Ed Trust serves its constituents by funding the WhyVizComm program and making available scholarships, financial aid and awards to qualified students of Visual Communications.
How can you support the Ed Trust?
- Host a PPI Career Day at your facility
- Donate to the Ed Trust so they can continue funding of the WhyVizComm program and PPI Career Days
- Sponsor WhyVizComm events and gain the recognition as a champion of industry education
- Volunteer to help us participate in high school and community college career fairs
- Serve on the Educational Trust Board of Directors. See who is currently on the Board - be sure to scroll down Ed Trust Board
Thank you! We look forward to your participation!
If you would like more information please contact us or take a look at the Ed Trust brochure and mail-in donation form.